Snow is in her blood
Angelika Kaufmann, Vorarlberger freeride ace talks about her love of sports
As the daughter of an enthusiastic mountaineering and skiing guide, I was standing on skis for the first time when I was 2 years old and since then I have devoted the largest part of my life to this passion! Skiing and the mountains. For me, this is a lifestyle and the freedom that I experience is a very special asset. I enjoy the intensive contact with the mountains and like the challenge to adapt myself to the terrain, snow and weather. The four-country region around Lake Constance has much to offer in this respect. The strength that I draw from the breath taking mountains makes me happy, satisfied and I feel secure. Thus, I have a quality of life that I could hardly imagine to be any better. Many different processes from my young life have been put together bit by bit like a puzzle and now I know where I can give free rein to my creativity and inspirations – in the mountains!
In my job as a skiing guide and with my hobby of freeriding, I am able to express my positive experience and my enthusiasm for our region. Places that are untouched, loneliness, peace, breathtaking panoramas, “gfieriga” snow, casual lines and much more that mother nature has to offer - I wish to bring all this closer to other people and share it with them.
Just as my papa still says to me. Without him I would not be where I am today. I am very grateful to him for the guidance - and the passion about mountains – which he has passed on and has brought closer to me, for his support and encouragement!
I would like to be able to show you a part of this overwhelming mountainous world of the four-country region around Lake Constance, so you can also experience that feeling of happiness and wellbeing.
Name: Angelika Kaufmann
Marital status: Single
Profession: Skiing instructor, ski guide,...
Has lived on Lake Constance since 22 years
- 2008 - 1st place Weisser Rausch
- 2010 - 1st place Weisser Ring
- 2011 - 1st place Weisser Ring
- 2011 - 1st place Pitztal Wild Face
- 2011 - 1st place Weisser Rausch
- 2012 - 1st place Weisser Ring
- 2012 - 1st place Nebelhorn Classics
- 2012 - 1st place Pitztal Wild Face
- 2012 - 1st place Weisser Rausch
- 2012 - 3rd place Freeride Festival Hochjoch
- 2013 - 1st place Weisser Ring
- 2013 - 3rd place La Clusaz 4*FWQ
- 2013 - 2nd place Open Faces Stubai 3*FWQ
- 2013 - 1st place Pitztal Wild Face 1*FWQ
- 2013 - 1st place Open Faces Kappl 2*FWQ
- 1st Austrian Freeride Champion